Synonyms for victorian
- 1. Victorian, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
- usage: a person who lived during the reign of Victoria
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. Victorian
- usage: of or relating to Queen Victoria of Great Britain or to the age in which she ruled; "Victorian morals"
- 2. priggish, prim, prissy, prudish, puritanical, square-toed, straitlaced, strait-laced, straightlaced, straight-laced, tight-laced, victorian, proper (vs. improper)
- usage: exaggeratedly proper; "my straitlaced Aunt Anna doesn't approve of my miniskirts"
- 3. Victorian, nonmodern (vs. modern)
- usage: typical of the moral standards or conduct of the age of Queen Victoria