Synonyms for turbulence
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. turbulence, turbulency, physical phenomenon
- usage: unstable flow of a liquid or gas
- 2. turbulence, bad weather, inclemency, inclementness
- usage: instability in the atmosphere
- 3. turbulence, upheaval, Sturm und Drang, disorder
- usage: a state of violent disturbance and disorder (as in politics or social conditions generally); "the industrial revolution was a period of great turbulence"