Synonyms for trivial
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. fiddling, footling, lilliputian, little, Mickey Mouse, niggling, piddling, piffling, petty, picayune, trivial, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: (informal terms) small and of little importance; "a fiddling sum of money"; "a footling gesture"; "our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war"; "a little (or small) matter"; "Mickey Mouse regulations"; "a dispute over niggling details"; "limited to petty enterprises"; "piffling efforts"; "giving a police officer a free meal may be against the law, but it seems to be a picayune infraction"
- 2. banal, commonplace, trivial, ordinary (vs. extraordinary)
- usage: obvious and dull; "trivial conversation"; "commonplace prose"
- 3. superficial, trivial, insignificant (vs. significant), unimportant
- usage: of little substance or significance; "a few superficial editorial changes"; "only trivial objections"
- 4. trivial, frivolous (vs. serious)
- usage: concerned with trivialities; "a trivial young woman"; "a trivial mind"
- 5. insignificant, trivial, inconsiderable (vs. considerable)
- usage: not large enough to consider or notice