Synonyms for straw
- 1. straw, plant fiber, plant fibre
- usage: plant fiber used e.g. for making baskets and hats or as fodder
- 2. chaff, husk, shuck, stalk, straw, stubble, plant material, plant substance
- usage: material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- 3. pale yellow, straw, wheat, yellow, yellowness
- usage: a variable yellow tint; dull yellow, often diluted with white
- 4. straw, drinking straw, tube, tubing
- usage: a thin paper or plastic tube used to suck liquids into the mouth
- 1. straw, cover
- usage: cover or provide with or as if with straw; "cows were strawed to weather the snowstorm"
- 2. strew, straw, spread, distribute
- usage: spread by scattering ("straw" is archaic); "strew toys all over the carpet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. straw, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a pale yellow color like straw; straw-colored