Synonyms for straw
- 1. straw, plant fiber, plant fibre
- usage: plant fiber used e.g. for making baskets and hats or as fodder
- 2. chaff, husk, shuck, stalk, straw, stubble, plant material
- usage: material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- 3. pale yellow, straw, yellow, yellowness
- usage: a yellow tint; yellow diluted with white
- 4. straw, drinking straw, tube, tubing
- usage: a thin paper or plastic tube used to such liquids into the mouth
- 1. straw, cover
- usage: cover or provide with or as if with straw; "cows were strawed to weather the snowstorm"
- 2. strew, straw, spread, distribute
- usage: spread by scattering ("straw" is archaic); "strew toys all over the carpet"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. straw, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a pale yellow color like straw; straw colored
See also: straw (Dictionary)