Synonyms for spurious
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. specious, spurious, invalid (vs. valid)
- usage: plausible but false; "specious reasoning"; "the spurious inferences from obsolescent notions of causality"- Ethel Albert
- 2. bastard, bastardly, misbegot, misbegotten, spurious, illegitimate (vs. legitimate)
- usage: born out of wedlock; "the dominions of both rulers passed away to their spurious or doubtful offspring"- E.A.Freeman
- 3. inauthentic, unauthentic, spurious, counterfeit (vs. genuine), imitative
- usage: intended to deceive; "a spurious work of art"