Synonyms for spelt
- 1. spelt, Triticum spelta, Triticum aestivum spelta, wheat, corn
- usage: hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. spell, recite, spell out
- usage: recite the letters of or give the spelling of; "How do you spell this word?"
- 2. spell, import, mean, intend
- usage: indicate or signify; "I'm afraid this spells trouble!"
- 3. spell, write
- usage: write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word); "He spelled the word wrong in this letter"
- 4. spell, hex, bewitch, glamour, witch, enchant, jinx
- usage: place under a spell
See also: spelt (Dictionary)