Synonyms for reluctant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. loath, loth, reluctant, unwilling (vs. willing)
- usage: unwillingness to do something contrary to your custom; "a reluctant smile"; "loath to admit a mistake"
- 2. reluctant, disinclined (vs. inclined)
- usage: disinclined to become involved; "they were usually reluctant to socialize"; "reluctant to help"
- 3. reluctant, uneager (vs. eager)
- usage: not eager; "foreigners stubbornly reluctant to accept our ways"; "fresh from college and reluctant for the moment to marry him"