Synonyms for rein
- 1. rein, strap
- usage: one of a pair of long straps (usually connected to the bit or the headpiece) used to control a horse
- 2. rein, control
- usage: any means of control; "he took up the reins of government"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. harness, rein in, draw rein, rein, control, command
- usage: control and direct with or as if by reins; "rein a horse"
- 2. rein, rein in, stop, halt
- usage: stop or slow up one's horse or oneself by or as if by pulling the reins; "They reined in in front of the post office"
- 3. rein, rein in, stop
- usage: stop or check by or as if by a pull at the reins; "He reined in his horses in front of the post office"
- 4. rule, harness, rein, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: keep in check; "rule one's temper"
See also: rein (Dictionary)