Synonyms for rarefied
- 1. rarefy, change, alter, modify
- usage: lessen the density or solidity of; "The bones are rarefied"
- 2. rarefy, sublimate, subtilize, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more subtle or refined
- 3. rarefy, attenuate, weaken
- usage: weaken the consistency of (a chemical substance)
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. rare, rarefied, rarified, thin (vs. thick)
- usage: having low density; "rare gasses"; "lightheaded from the rarefied mountain air"
- 2. rarefied, rarified, reserved (vs. unreserved)
- usage: reserved for an elite group
- 3. exalted, high-flown, high-minded, lofty, rarefied, rarified, idealistic, noble-minded, noble (vs. ignoble)
- usage: of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style; "an exalted ideal"; "argue in terms of high-flown ideals"- Oliver Franks; "a noble and lofty concept"