Synonyms for prodigal
- 1. prodigal, profligate, squanderer, consumer
- usage: a recklessly extravagant consumer
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. lavish, munificent, overgenerous, prodigal, too-generous, unsparing, unstinted, unstinting, generous (vs. stingy)
- usage: very generous; "distributed gifts with a lavish hand"; "the critics were lavish in their praise"; "a munificent gift"; "his father gave him a half-dollar and his mother a quarter and he thought them munificent"; "prodigal praise"; "unsparing generosity"; "his unstinted devotion"; "called for unstinting aid to Britain"
- 2. extravagant, prodigal, profligate, spendthrift, wasteful (vs. thrifty)
- usage: recklessly wasteful; "prodigal in their expenditures"
- 3. prodigal, improvident (vs. provident)
- usage: marked by rash extravagance; "led a prodigal life"