Synonyms for prehensile
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. prehensile (vs. nonprehensile)
- usage: adapted for grasping especially by wrapping around an object; "a monkey's prehensile tail"
- 2. prehensile, intelligent (vs. unintelligent)
- usage: having a keen intellect; "poets--those gifted strangely prehensile men"- A.T.Quiller-Couch
- 3. avaricious, covetous, grabby, grasping, greedy, prehensile, acquisitive (vs. unacquisitive)
- usage: immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth; "they are avaricious and will do anything for money"; "casting covetous eyes on his neighbor's fields"; "a grasping old miser"; "grasping commercialism"; "greedy for money and power"; "grew richer and greedier"; "prehensile employers stingy with raises for their employees"