Synonyms for plot
- 1. plot, secret plan, game, scheme, strategy
- usage: a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
- 2. plot, plot of ground, patch, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation; "a bean plot"; "a cabbage patch"; "a briar patch"
- 3. plot, story
- usage: the story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.; "the characters were well drawn but the plot was banal"
- 4. plot, chart
- usage: a chart or map showing the movements or progress of an object
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. plot, plan
- usage: plan secretly, usually something illegal; "They plotted the overthrow fo the government"
- 2. diagram, plot, draw
- usage: make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows how things work or how they are constructed
- 3. plat, plot, map
- usage: make a plat of; "Plat the town"
See also: plot (Dictionary)