Synonyms for pacemaker
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. pacesetter, pacemaker, exemplar, example, model, good example
- usage: a leading instance in its field; "the new policy will be a pacesetter in community relations"
- 2. pacemaker, cardiac pacemaker, sinoatrial node, SA node, cardiac muscle, heart muscle
- usage: a specialized bit of heart tissue that controls the heartbeat
- 3. pacemaker, artificial pacemaker, electronic device
- usage: an implanted electronic device that takes over the function of the natural cardiac pacemaker
- 4. pacer, pacemaker, pacesetter, racehorse, race horse, bangtail
- usage: a horse used to set the pace in racing