Synonyms for nocturnal
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. nocturnal (vs. diurnal), nighttime
- usage: belonging to or active during the night; "nocturnal animals are active at night"; "nocturnal plants have flowers that open at night and close by day"
- 2. nocturnal
- usage: of or relating to or occurring in the night; "nocturnal darkness"
- 3. nocturnal, nighttime (vs. daytime)
- usage: of or during or relating to the night; "a nocturnal journey"; "nocturnal stillness"; "nocturnal predators"