Synonyms for motley
- 1. assortment, mixture, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection containing a variety of sorts of things; "a great assortment of cars was on display"; "he had a variety of disorders"; "a veritable smorgasbord of religions"
- 2. motley, garment
- usage: a garment made of motley (especially a court jester's costume)
- 3. motley, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a multicolored woolen fabric woven of mixed threads in 14th to 17th century England
- 1. vary, variegate, motley, diversify
- usage: make something more diverse and varied; "Vary the menu"
- 2. motley, parti-color, color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color in, colour in
- usage: make motley; color with different colors
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. assorted, miscellaneous, mixed, motley, sundry(prenominal), heterogeneous (vs. homogeneous), heterogenous
- usage: consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds (even to the point of incongruity); "an arrangement of assorted spring flowers"; "assorted sizes"; "miscellaneous accessories"; "a mixed program of baroque and contemporary music"; "a motley crew"; "sundry sciences commonly known as social"- I.A.Richards
- 2. motley, calico, multicolor, multicolour, multicolored, multicoloured, painted, particolored, particoloured, piebald, pied, varicolored, varicoloured, colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful
- usage: having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly; "a jester dressed in motley"; "the painted desert"; "a particolored dress"; "a piebald horse"; "pied daisies"