Synonyms for meat
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. meat, food
- usage: the flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food
- 2. kernel, meat, plant part, plant structure
- usage: the inner and usually edible part of a seed or grain or nut or fruit stone; "black walnut kernels are difficult to get out of the shell"
- 3. kernel, substance, core, center, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
See also: meat (Dictionary)