Synonyms for lucid
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. limpid, lucid, luculent, pellucid, crystal clear, perspicuous, clear (vs. unclear)
- usage: (of language) transparently clear; easily understandable; "writes in a limpid style"; "lucid directions"; "a luculent oration"- Robert Burton; "pellucid prose"; "a crystal clear explanation"; "a perspicuous argument"
- 2. lucid, sane (vs. insane)
- usage: having a clear mind; "a lucid moment in his madness"
- 3. coherent, logical, lucid, rational (vs. irrational)
- usage: capable of thinking and expressing yourself in a clear and consistent manner; "a lucid thinker"; "she was more coherent than she had been just after the accident"
- 4. crystalline, crystal clear, limpid, lucid, pellucid, transparent, clear (vs. opaque)
- usage: transmitting light; able to be seen through with clarity; "the cold crystalline water of melted snow"; "crystal clear skies"; "could see the sand on the bottom of the limpid pool"; "lucid air"; "a pellucid brook"; "transparent cristal"
See also: lucid (Dictionary)