Synonyms for love
- 1. love, emotion
- usage: a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
- 2. love, passion, object
- usage: any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";
- 3. beloved, dear, dearest, honey, love, lover
- usage: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
- 4. love, sexual love, erotic love, sexual desire, eros, concupiscence, physical attraction
- usage: a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
- 5. love, score
- usage: a score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love"
- 6. sexual love, lovemaking, making love, love, love life, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people; "his lovemaking disgusted her"; "he hadn't had any love in months"; "he has a very complicated love life"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. love
- usage: have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
- 2. love, enjoy, like
- usage: get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
- 3. love, love
- usage: be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"