Synonyms for load
- 1. load, loading, burden, weight
- usage: weight to be borne or conveyed
- 2. load, loading, indefinite quantity
- usage: a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time; "the system broke down under excessive loads"
- 3. cargo, lading, freight, load, loading, payload, shipment, consignment, merchandise, wares, product
- usage: goods carried by a large vehicle
- 4. load, indefinite quantity
- usage: an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate; "he got a load on and started a brawl"
- 5. load, electrical power, electric power, wattage
- usage: the power output of a generator or power plant
- 6. burden, load, encumbrance, incumbrance, onus, concern, worry, headache, vexation
- usage: an onerous or difficult concern; "the burden of responsibility"; "that's a load off my mind"
- 7. lode, load, deposit, sedimentation, alluviation
- usage: a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks
- 8. load, electrical device
- usage: electrical device to which electrical power is delivered
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. load, lade, laden, load up, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill or place a load on; "load a car"; "load the truck with hay"
- 2. load, charge, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: provide with munition; "He loaded his gun carefully"
- 3. load, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put (something) on a structure or conveyance; "load the bags onto the trucks"
See also: load (Dictionary)