Synonyms for intern
- 1. intern, interne, houseman, medical intern, doctor, doc, physician, MD, Dr., medico
- usage: an advanced student or graduate in medicine gaining supervised practical experience (`houseman' is a British term)
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. intern, confine, detain
- usage: deprive of freedom; "During WWII, Japanese were interned in camps in the West"
- 2. intern, work
- usage: work as an intern; "The toung doctor is interning at the Medical Center this year"