Synonyms for immature
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. immature (vs. mature), adolescent, jejune, juvenile, puerile, babyish, childish, infantile, callow, inexperienced, naive, unsophisticated
- usage: characteristic of a lack of maturity; "immature behavior"
- 2. immature, unformed, undeveloped (vs. developed)
- usage: lacking in development; "immature plans"; "an unformed character"
- 3. young (vs. old), immature, adolescent, teen, teenage, teenaged, boyish, boylike, schoolboyish, childlike, childly, early, formative, girlish, schoolgirlish, infantile, junior, little, small, newborn, puppyish, puppylike, tender, vulnerable, youngish, youthful, vernal, preteen, preadolescent, immature, junior, new
- usage: (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth; "young people"
- 4. green (vs. ripe), unripe, unripened, immature, unaged
- usage: not fully developed or mature; not ripe; "unripe fruit"; "fried green tomatoes"; "green wood"
- 5. immature (vs. mature), adolescent, embryonic, embryologic, embryonal, formative, inchoative, larval, prepubescent, prepubertal, prepupal, pubescent, pupal, underdeveloped, unformed, premature, young#1, immature
- usage: not yet mature
- 6. unfledged (vs. fledged), immature, unfeathered
- usage: (of birds) not yet having developed feathers; "a small unfledged sparrow on the window sill"