Synonyms for ice
- 1. ice, water ice, crystal
- usage: water frozen in the solid state; "Americans like ice in their drinks"
- 2. ice, object, physical object
- usage: the frozen part of a body of water
- 3. ice, sparkler, diamond
- usage: diamonds; "look at the ice on that dame!"
- 4. frosting, icing, ice, topping
- usage: a flavored sugar topping used to coat and decorate cakes
- 5. ice, frappe, frozen dessert
- usage: a frozen dessert with fruit flavoring (especially one containing no milk)
- 6. internal-combustion engine, ICE, heat engine
- usage: a heat engine in which combustion occurs inside the engine rather than in a separate furnace; heat expands a gas that either moves a piston or turns a gas turbine
- 7. ice rink, ice-skating rink, ice, rink, skating rink
- usage: a rink with a floor of ice for ice hockey or ice skating; "the crowd applauded when she skated out onto the ice"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. frost, ice, cover
- usage: decorate with frosting; "frost a cake"
- 2. ice, freeze
- usage: cause to become ice or icy; "an iced summer drink"
- 3. ice, cool, chill, cool down
- usage: put ice on or put on ice; "Ice your sprained limbs"