Synonyms for gallant
- 1. dandy, dude, fop, gallant, sheik, beau, swell, fashion plate, clotheshorse, man, adult male
- usage: a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
- 2. squire, gallant, attendant, attender, tender
- usage: a man who attends or escorts a woman
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. gallant, brave (vs. cowardly), courageous, fearless
- usage: unflinching in battle or action; "a gallant warrior"; "put up a gallant resistance to the attackers"
- 2. dashing, gallant, spirited (vs. spiritless)
- usage: lively and spirited; "a dashing hero"
- 3. gallant, lofty, majestic, proud, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: having or displaying great dignity or nobility; "a gallant pageant"; "lofty ships"; "majestic cities"; "proud alpine peaks"
- 4. chivalrous, gallant, knightly, courteous (vs. discourteous)
- usage: having the qualities of gallantry attributed to an ideal knight