Synonyms for dormant
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. dormant (vs. extinct) (vs. active), inactive, quiescent
- usage: of e.g. volcanos; temporarily inactive; "a dormant volcano"
- 2. dormant(postnominal), sleeping, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: lying with head on paws as if sleeping
- 3. dormant, hibernating(prenominal), torpid, asleep(predicate) (vs. awake)
- usage: in a condition of biological rest or suspended animation; "dormant buds"; "a hibernating bear"; "torpid frogs"
- 4. dormant, inactive (vs. active)
- usage: not active but capable of becoming active; "her feelings of affection are dormant but easily awakened"