Synonyms for contemplate
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. contemplate, view, consider, look at
- usage: look at thoughtfully; observe deep in thought; "contemplate one's navel"
- 2. contemplate, consider, take, deal, look at
- usage: consider as a possibility; "I contemplated leaving school and taking a full-time job"
- 3. study, meditate, contemplate, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes; "He is meditating in his study"
- 4. chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: reflect deeply on a subject; "I mulled over the events of the afternoon"; "philosophers have speculated on the question of God for thousands of years"; "The scientist must stop to observe and start to excogitate"