Synonyms for coincidence
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. coincidence, happenstance, accident, fortuity, chance event
- usage: an event that might have been arranged although it was really accidental
- 2. coincidence, position, spatial relation
- usage: the quality of occupying the same position or area in space; "he waited for the coincidence of the target and the cross hairs"
- 3. concurrence, coincidence, conjunction, co-occurrence, simultaneity, simultaneousness
- usage: the temporal property of two things happening at the same time; "the interval determining the coincidence gate is adjustable"