Synonyms for clumsy
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. gawky, clumsy, clunky, ungainly, unwieldy, awkward (vs. graceful)
- usage: lacking grace in movement or posture; "a gawky lad with long ungainly legs"; "clumsy fingers"; "what an ungainly creature a giraffe is"; "heaved his unwieldy figure out of his chair"
- 2. awkward, clumsy, cumbersome, inapt, inept, ill-chosen, infelicitous (vs. felicitous)
- usage: not elegant or graceful in expression; "an awkward prose style"; "a clumsy apology"; "his cumbersome writing style"; "if the rumor is true, can anything be more inept than to repeat it now?"
- 3. awkward, bunglesome, clumsy, ungainly, unwieldy (vs. wieldy), unmanageable
- usage: difficult to handle or manage especially because of shape; "an awkward bundle to carry"; "a load of bunglesome paraphernalia"; "clumsy wooden shoes"; "the cello, a rather ungainly instrument for a girl"
- 4. bungling, clumsy, fumbling, incompetent, unskilled (vs. skilled)
- usage: showing lack of skill or aptitude; "a bungling workman"; "did a clumsy job"; "his fumbling attempt to put up a shelf"