Synonyms for cautious
- 1. timid, cautious, people
- usage: people who are fearful and cautious; "whitewater rafting is not for the timid"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. cautious (vs. incautious), cagey, cagy, chary, fabian, dilatory, gingerly, guarded, restrained, overcautious, careful, unadventurous
- usage: showing careful forethought; "reserved and cautious; never making swift decisions"; "a cautious driver"
- 2. cautious, conservative, moderate (vs. immoderate)
- usage: avoiding excess; "a conservative estimate"
- 3. cautious, careful (vs. careless)
- usage: cautious in attitude and careful in actions; prudent; "a cautious answer"; "very cautious about believing everything she was told"
- 4. cautious, unadventurous (vs. adventurous)
- usage: unwilling to take risks