Synonyms for bridle
- 1. bridle, headgear
- usage: headgear for a horse; includes a headstall and bit and reins to give the rider or driver control
- 2. bridle, check, curb, restraint
- usage: the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess; "his common sense is a bridle to his quick temper"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. bridle, restrain, encumber, cumber, constrain
- usage: put a bridle on; "bridle horses"
- 2. bridle, answer, reply, respond
- usage: respond to the reins, as of horses