Synonyms for alliance
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. alliance, confederation, coalition, fusion
- usage: the state of being allied or confederated
- 2. alliance, bond, connection, connexion, connectedness
- usage: a connection based on kinship or marriage or common interest; "the shifting alliances within a large family"; "their friendship constitutes a powerful bond between them"
- 3. alliance, coalition, alignment, alinement, organization, organisation
- usage: an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty
- 4. alliance, treaty, pact, accord
- usage: a formal agreement establishing an association or alliance between nations or other groups to achieve a particular aim
- 5. confederation, alliance, group action
- usage: the act of forming an alliance or confederation