Synonyms for aerial
- 1. antenna, aerial, transmitting aerial, electrical device
- usage: an electrical device that sends or receives radio or television signals
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. aerial, air(prenominal) (vs. land) (vs. sea)
- usage: in or belonging to the air or operating (for or by means of aircraft or elevated cables) in the air; "aerial particles"; "small aerial creatures such as butterflies"; "aerial warfare"; "aerial photography"; "aerial cable cars"
- 2. aerial, air(prenominal) (vs. land) (vs. sea)
- usage: growing in air; "aerial roots of a philodendron"
- 3. aeriform, aerial, airy, aery, ethereal, insubstantial (vs. substantial), unsubstantial, unreal
- usage: characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms"